Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hanayashi Exhibition

 photo DSCF7382-2low_zpsjohxsfew.jpg


Hello Sandwiches!

If you remember this post, you'll know I've been in love with Japan's oldest amusement park, Hanayashiki, for a while.

I went back the other day in the rain with Luke and perhaps it was the way the colours seemed to glow in the rain, or the way the spooky rain-induced emptiness made the entire experience even more surreal, but it was even better than I remembered.

I'm working on a series of photos, drawings and paper collage works for my next exhibition at On Reading Gallery in Nagoya.

The exhibition runs from 8th - 20th April, and I'll be hosting a workshop on Saturday 11th. Hope you can come along!

Here are a few pics for you in case you can't make it.


 photo DSCF7367-2Low_zpssbrlzgrn.jpg

 photo DSCF7269-2low_zpsjd23pifv.jpg

 photo DSCF7342low_zps2le6bw4s.jpg

 photo DSCF7304-2low_zpsrbvjkbte.jpg

 photo DSCF7296-2low_zps7z0hwqj8.jpg

 photo DSCF7235-2low_zpsbit6hfzx.jpg

If you have the chance, please enjoy a day at Hanayashiki and soak in all it's retro-ness!

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Sooo cute, I wish I could go there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that post, guess I've been following you for a while! I like the park on a rainy day better, the colors seem richer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sorry to say, but your "interview with hello sandwich" link in the side bar leads to a 404 error on design files! :(

    amazing photos !! I can't WAIT until the new Tokyo guide comes out !!! This is somewhere i really want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing place and photo's as always! I have a huge crush on Japan. I really want to visit! xxx

    ReplyDelete